- MOST ADULTS PREFER TO AGE IN PLACE. 90% of those over the age of 65 would prefer to stay in their current home as they age. Family, friends, and neighbors provide 80% of the care for the elderly who do stay in the home.
- TWO OF FIVE ADULTS ARE FAMILY CAREGIVERS. 39% of all adult Americans are caring for a loved one who is sick, disabled, or living with frailties of old age. That’s up from 30% in 2010.
- FAMILY CAREGIVERS ARE PRESENT IN ALL CARE SETTINGS. Patients may have more than one doctor; nurses change shifts; prescriptions may be filled at different pharmacies. Family caregivers are there as full partners with their loved ones through it all.
- COMPLEX CARE IN THE HOME. Nearly half of family caregivers perform sophisticated medical and nursing tasks for their loved ones – such as providing wound care and operating specialized medical equipment. Up to 70% manage medications for their loved ones.
- CAREGIVING AFFECTS THE WHOLE FAMILY. 40% of women and 37% of men say they are family caregivers. 36% of younger Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 say they are family caregivers as well.
- CAREGIVING RESPONSIBILITIES FORCE CHANGES AT HOME. Some families have to tighten their belts at home to pay for out-of-pocket caregiving costs, which can average $5,500 per year. Many more have to make home alterations to ensure the safety, security, and cleanliness for their loved ones.
|Traxx Mobility Systems Titan 500 Freestanding Overhead Patient Lift|
If you suffer from limited mobility, Traxx Mobility Systems Titan 500 freestanding overhead patient lift can help. For more information, visit out website, find us on Facebook and watch our Youtube channel.